Did You Know?
- ...that there were (at least) three American vessels named "Blish"?
- The USS John Blish (First a submarine chaser, then a survey vessel.)
- The Tug Blish, which sank due to an engineer's error in 1862.
- The schooner E. D. Blish. Sank in Lake Huron, 1864 - all hands lost.
- ...that the "Thompson" sub-machine gun owes its operation to a Blish patent?
- ...that the original novelizations of almost all of the original Star Trek television show
episodes were written by
and his wife,
- ...that the term "Gas Giant", used in astronomy to describe
planets such as Jupiter, was coined by
was one of the founding members of the
Science Fiction Writers of America
- ...that there is a point of land on the Atlantic Ocean in Barnstable, Massachusetts named Blish Point?
- ...that there is a Blish Road in Marlborough, Connecticut?
- ...that there is a Blish Street in Seymour, Indiana?
- ...that there is a Blish Cemetery on Blish Lane in Montgomery County, Arkansas? The Blish Cemetery got its name because it was on the edge of the
George Blish homestead. The land was donated in 1865 by Seborn S Russell; he buried his ten year old daughter there.
- ...that there is a Blish Park in Marlborough, Connecticut? There is a playground, a pavillion, an open grass area and two tennis courts in the park.